- About these Terms & Conditions
- By using Habiba’s School of Spice website and booking a course or purchasing a gift voucher for Habiba’s School of Spice you agree to accept these terms and conditions.
- These terms and conditions are governed by the law of England and Wales and shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
- Course Information
- Habiba’s School of Spice (also referred to as “we” or “us” in these terms and conditions) will provide the specialist ingredients, and a list of ingredients will be sent to you. All equipment and aprons will be provided for the courses. In addition, you will be given copies of the recipes used during the class to take home with you at the end of the course.
- Habiba’s School of Spice undertakes to provide the cookery classes for students with all reasonable care and skill.
- All courses are subject to availability. Bookings are not confirmed or finalised until you have received a confirmation email from us.
- Bookings may be transferred with our consent. We will make every effort to accommodate your request to transfer the booking to another date. Please contact the school directly should you wish to transfer the booking.
- If you have booked a Group Course please note there may be up to 8 students in your course. This may vary from time to time without notice.
- You are advised to arrive 10 minutes before the specified start time of any course.
- When you submit your booking form, it is your responsibility to ensure that the details you provided are correct and up to date and you must inform us of any changes to your details.
- You must notify us if you have any specific dietary requirements or allergies.
- We do not accept professional cookery teachers/chefs on our courses.
- Health & Safety
- We are not liable for any damage which occurs to clothing or belongings.
- Long hair should be tied back when students are in the kitchen. Appropriate clothing and flat shoes with covered toes must be worn by students attending a cookery course.
- Everyone attending a course will be given a brief presentation on health and safety before starting the class. By attending the class you agree to: adhere to the requirements set out in the health and safety briefing; comply with all instructions given to you by Habiba; uphold reasonable standards of cleanliness and behaviour.
- Habiba’s School of Spice is not liable to you for, and does not have responsibility for: any loss of income or revenue, loss of profits or contracts or any indirect or consequential loss or damage that you may suffer as a result of our breach of contract or negligence.
- This does not exclude or limit in any way our liability for death or personal injury caused by our negligence, for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation, or for any matter which it would be illegal for us to exclude our liability.
- All customers attending our courses are responsible for their own belongings and we accept no liability for any loss to damage to these.
- Prices and Payment
- Unless otherwise agreed by us in writing, the price for the course(s) shall be the prices set out on the Habiba’s School of Spice website. Prices are subject to change and may be changed at Habiba’s School of Spice’s sole discretion. All quoted prices are inclusive of VAT.
- Full payment must be made at the time of booking. Your place on any selected course shall only be reserved after full payment has been received.
- All orders will be dispatched after confirmation of payment through the Stripe payment system.
- All transactions are processed through Stripe secure payment gateway. All transactions are highly encrypted through our SSL license and your credit or debit card details are never passed on to us or to any other party.
- Cancellations and Refunds – Cancellations by us
- We reserve the right to cancel or reschedule any course dates and if we do, we will do our best to notify you as soon as possible.
- If, for any reason, we cancel the course we will endeavour to rearrange the class on an alternative date within a reasonable period of time. If this is not possible, or you are unable to attend the course on a revised date, the full purchase price of the course will be refunded to you.
- Unfortunately in these circumstances, we are not liable for and are unable to reimburse any additional expenses you may have incurred in relation to the cancelled course.
- Cancellations by you
- If you cancel the course giving prior notice of seven working days or less from the course date, you will still be charged the full fee for the course.
- If you cancel the course giving prior notice of 28 working days or less (but more than seven working days) from the course date, the booking may be transferred to another Habiba’s School of Spice course of equal value of your choice (subject to availability), but no refund will be given.
- If you cancel the course giving prior notice of more than 28 working days from the course date, you will be fully refunded the full amount in the form of a voucher (normal T&Cs apply).
- When requesting a cancellation, you must quote the booking number confirmation that was provided to you when the course was booked. We reserve the right not to process your cancellation if you do not provide this information.
- Nothing in these terms and conditions affects or limits your statutory rights.
- We will endeavour to respond to any complaints immediately at the time or within 5 working days. Please direct any complaint you may have to firstname.lastname@example.org or in writing to Habiba’s School of Spice, Cranage Trade Park, Goostrey Ln, Crewe CW4 8HE
- Gift voucher terms & conditions
- Habiba’s School of Spice gift vouchers may be redeemed against the course specified at Habiba’s School of Spice booked by phone or online before the expiry date quoted on the voucher.
- Gift vouchers may only be used once.
- Gift vouchers expire 12 months after purchase and, therefore, courses must be booked within this timeframe. After the date specified on the gift voucher, it will automatically expire. Habiba’s School of Spice is not responsible for reminding or informing customers when a gift voucher is due to expire.
- Habiba’s School of Spice courses booked using gift vouchers are subject to the terms and conditions applicable to the standard Habiba’s School of Spice bookings.
- Habiba’s School of Spice gift vouchers can be redeemed (a) by quoting the Voucher Code provided on the gift voucher if a Habiba’s School of Spice Course is booked by telephone or in person (if the Habiba’s School of Spice in its absolute discretion, agree to accept such bookings in person), or (b) by completing the relevant section of the online booking form with the Voucher Code if a booking is made online.
- Habiba’s School of Spice gift vouchers may not be used to purchase any other goods or services. Gift vouchers may not be exchanged for cash and are not refundable.
- Habiba’s School of Spice gift vouchers cannot be used in conjunction with any other discount or offer.
- The vouchers have no monetary value and may not be exchanged.
If your class or booking is cancelled due to covid restrictions we will issue a voucher for you to re book on any class in the future – the voucher code will never expire. Alternatively, if you would prefer a refund please get in touch and we will sort that out for you.
We will be strictly adhering to the government’s advice on Covid 19 and review our practices accordingly. Please be aware of the following which have been put into your place for your safety:
Unless exempt, you must wear a face covering on entry and around our spaces (including when you get up to wash hands and go to the bathroom). We will take your temperature on arrival.
Our class sizes will remain at a maximum of 8 people which allows two metre plus between households.
We continue to have elevated hygiene steps in place with increased cleaning of surfaces and your hands on entry, including antibacterial hand gel at each cookery station. Each delegate will have their own separate cooking stations as was previously the case.
There will be no shared ingredients or passing of equipment between attendees.
We also have your contact details (name and number) from your booking for test and trace. If you have booked for someone else please let us know their name and number to avoid having to contact you.
Anyone with any coronavirus symptoms will be asked to reschedule for another time. Your booking will be honoured within a time limit at our discretion.