Arbinder Singh Dugal:
Progressive Indian Cuisine
Indian spices can find a place in any modern-day cuisine. It is just a matter of opening your mind, soul and palate on how to use these spices in world cuisines with modern techniques
To interpret diversification of Indian food to new heights, whilst continually experimenting it with French, European and British cuisine. Always striving to discover new ways of creating a unique dining experience for all
Four-week Short Course – Online
Celebrity Chef Arbinder Singh Dugal
As seen on the best food show, MasterChef, The Professionals.
This course has been personally designed by Arbinder Singh Dugal who has an international reputation to combine and create unique flavours of India.
He will be taking you on an exclusive culinary journey through the secrets of Indian food, opening your minds and building your skills with various home and professional base gravies. Suitable for cooks of all levels. An exclusive interactive online class with Arbinder who has been selected as a semi finalist as National Chef of Year 2021. You will also have a with a customer care package where we will email our customers after the course ends for 2 weeks via the School of Spice with any help or questions you have.
Each date has the below two slots:
10.30am – 1.30pm Half Day Course
3.30pm – 6.30pm Half Day Course
An introduction to base cooking 101
9th September 2021
- Dish One: Onion tomato masala. Focusing on bhuna sauteing
- Dish Two: Murgh Tariwalar
- Topics & techniques being covered: Mother Sauce, uses of Tadka, Different Dishes which can be made with this base, step by step procedure of making onion tomato masala. Tadka for everyday use. The understanding of bhuna, braising, dum, sauteing.
Discover the food of Punjab
- Dish Three: Makhani gravy – A mother sauce.
- Dish Four: Murgh Makhani / Butter chicken like you’ve never tasted before!
- Topics & techniques being covered: Mother sauce – step by step procedure of how to make sauce, blending, straining, finishing. Marination of chicken tikka, smoking of chicken, drying of Kasoori Methi a unique spice worth having in your spice cupboard.
Explore Kerala’s complexly simple Seafood
23rd September 2021
- Lemon Rice
- Allepey Fish Curry with Kacha Aam
- Topics & techniques being covered: Insider knowledge and tips on the perfect rice to match with seafood, never again make soft or over done rice. Timing & measurements & the use of exotic ingredients.
The secrets of white base gravy
30th September 2021
- White Gravy: A crucial sauce, which is a base of onion, cashew & Charmaagaz
- Murgh Kali Mirch Korma: Chicken cooked in black pepper flavoured korma gravy
- Topics & techniques being covered: Cooking with nuts, maximising on flavour through boiling & sauteing and expanding the understanding of an overlooked spice; black pepper.
A spice can elevate not just another spice but the whole dish and any accompanying dishes
- 2004, assisted Chef Jiggs Kalra in the opening of the Nawab Saheb Restaurant situated in the Renaissance Mumbai Convention Hotel, Powai, Mumbai.
- 2004 to 2007, appointed as Trainee Chef de Partie, at the Mumbai Express situated in the Renaissance Mumbai Convention Centre Hotel, Mumbai. A coffee shop
- November 2007, emigrated to the UK and was appointed Senior Chef de Partie at the Deerhound Inn Restaurant, Guernsey, Channel Islands. A Gastropub.
- 2009 to 2011, appointed Senior Chef de Partie at the Pyne’s Bar and Restaurant situated in The Bedford Hotel, Sidmouth, Devon. A multiple cuisine fine dining restaurant.
- 2010, worked alongside Chef Sat Bains for two weeks at his then 1 Michelin star restaurant, Restaurant Sat Bains, Nottingham. A modern British restaurant. Also,3 Michelin star Waterside Inn, Maidenhead, Berkshire. A French fine dining restaurant
- 2011 to 2013, appointed as Junior Sous Chef, at the Le Pont de la Tour, Central London. A French and European fine dining restaurant.
- 2009 and 2013 Semi-Finalist and 2012 Finalist in The Roux Scholarship.
- 2013 to 2015, appointed Sous Chef at the Quaglinos Restaurant, St. James, Central London. An upmarket European brasserie and seafood specialist.
- 2015, participated in BBC’s Alex Polizzi: Chefs on Trial.
- 2015 to 2017, appointed as Senior Sous Chef, second in charge and handling operations in the kitchens of the Radisson Blu Edwardian Hotel, Heathrow, London.
- 2017 to 2018, appointed as Head Chef at Atul Kochhar’s Hawkyns by Atul Kochhar situated in the Crown Inn, Amersham, London. A modern British restaurant.
- 2018 to 2020, appointed Executive Head Chef at Madhus, London for their restaurants and catering service. An Asian fine catering and events planning company.
- 2019 One of the highlights of my career was to finish as semi-finalist in MasterChef The Professional UK 2019 which was broadcast on BBC2.
- 2020 Opened “ATTAWA” Punjabi fine dining restaurant in Dalston. Designed their kitchen, menu planning , hiring & training of chefs , health & hygiene.
- 2020 Did a web series with Planet Eat TV.
- 2020 Currently coming to Brit Asia TV with a series called “Mixes” along with English cricketer Monty Panesar.
- Currently doing private dining venture Arbinder At Home
Arbinder Singh Dugal Masterclass
You have chosen your class and dishes, now all you have to do is fill in our booking form to order your class and fill in your chosen date.
We will confirm your order and class booking once we have received your information. Please be sure to include a valid email and contact number for the person who will be attending and let us know of any and all allergies.
- Select your chosen time slot.
- Book the number of persons attending, we have 10 – 15 attendance spots (or in accordance with government guidelines)
- Make a payment and receive your confirmation.