Update on our Covid-secure measures after July 19th 2021
We believe that to keep everyone safe, we must adhere and continue to keep all covid-secure measures in place for the foreseeable future. With the numbers rising and a third wave we cannot risk the safety of anyone coming into the school.
As announced hospital admissions are not rising, nevertheless we are still in the middle of a serious third wave as can be seen by the huge rise in covid cases. We want and need to minimise risk to everyone visiting our the school and feel that we need to take responsibility for keeping us all as safe as we possibly can.
We have been asking for people attending a class to do a rapid lateral flow test the day before / a maximum of 24 hour before they are due to visit Cookery School or to provide the card for those who have received both jabs. We are now asking everyone to take a test before arrive irrespective of whether you have received both vaccinations and all the below rules will apply to everyone with no exceptions for those who have been vaccinated.
Test kits can be ordered here https://www.gov.uk/order-coronavirus-rapid-lateral-flow-tests or picked up at local specified chemist shops.
We will rebook classes that are booked free of charge if you find that you test positive for covid when doing your free flow test. You simply need to send us the results and we will help you to rebook.
Safety in protecting everyone against Covid-19 is of primary importance. Anyone coming into the kitchens will have to be 100% compliant with our procedures. If they are not, we will ask them to leave the premises immediately as we cannot compromise the health of others at any time. This will also mean that your class will be voided and you cannot reschedule or be refunded as this is a choice you have made by not respecting our safety measures.
Please see below the precautions in place at the Cookery School:
On Arrival we will:
- Take digital temperatures checks of everyone, this includes staff.
- On entry you must santise your hands and you will also have additional sanitsers on each workbench to use.
During your Class:
- Everyone MUST use a face mask, if for some reason they are unable to do so, we will provide a visor.
- We will provide you with a fresh mask free of charge, so that outdoor masks are not used in the kitchen environment. You will need to safely put your outdoor mask away so that it is not in contact with anything in the school /worktops.
- We will have our extractors on, fan on and all windows open to ventilate before, during and after your sessions.
- Surfaces are wiped down regularly, using appropriate cleaning products with specialist products.
- Everyone is provided with disposable biodegradable aprons which can be thrown away at the end of the session.
- Masks worn in the toilet are then to be binned in the same bin as the disposable aprons and hands washed again. A new mask will then be supplied along with the disposable apron.
The above protocols will be reviewed frequently and as the level of infection in the country reduces, or increases, and more information is available on the spread of covid, we will alter these protocols accordingly and appreciate your patience and understanding during these uncertain times.
Unfortunately refund requests will not be issued if you choose not to follow our safety measures as these are there for your safety and the safety of other customers and staff.t It is important to remember that we are indoors and the pandemic continues, the numbers continue to rise and we must be responsible and take precautions.